The default is to search in JYKDOK materials, i.e. against all materials in the local index. You can also limit your search to a particular material type only by choosing it from the suggestions menu:
- Title: book, journal, or other title: "nature"
- Author: person or corporate author; "virtanen matti"; "university of michigan"
- Subject: descriptive or keyword, subject area; "hermeneutics"; "network analysis"
- Classmark: document shelf location at the library; P Ls Psyk
- ISBN/ISSN: ISBN 951-26-3705-7 with or without hyphen; ISSN with hyphen 0028-9604
- Publisher: publisher name; springer
- Series: series title or words it contains; biological environmental
- Year of publication: 2000; you can also limit the year on the timeline or filtering the results
- Table of contents: words contained in the table of contents: random forest*
If you like, you can select year, language, and document type in other drop-down menus on the search screen. Narrow your search results with Narrow search filters and rearrange them with Sort drop-down menu.
International e-materials Search
International e-materials Search (PCI, Primo Central Index) searches against a central index of electronic materials. The index contains a mass of databases from several different information providers, e.g
- academic journals
- reference databases
International e-materials search is suitable e.g. for article search when you need not make an exact search on your subject, but just need a few articles, or want to find out how much has been written on the subject in general.
International e-materials search does not cover all databases available in JUL. The most important databases that are excluded:
- multi-disciplinary Web of Science database
- chemical databases SciFinder (Chemical Abstracts) and Reaxys
Article references contained in databases missing from PCI are usually available in other databases, included in PCI search. To go to user interfaces of databases missing from PCI, use Basic search.
It is recommended that systematic, precise information searching on a discipline be performed in the databases’ own interfaces. Note that PCI search does not search materials from the local index.
Search is similar to Basic search except
- limiting the search by material types is not available.
- use English as search language.
- result sets can very large. We recommend that, to start with, you refine your search with Narrow search filters on the side navigation pane. You can also rearrange the search result in different ways with Sort menu.
The results may contain article references and references to other materials too. Full texts of articles, books, and other documents are available at workstations within university network, provided JUL has a license to the source materials.
Selecting and exporting references to RefWorks reference manager from the result list is not possible. Go from a reference to the source database (e.g. Elsevier, ProQuest, Wiley) and export the reference there.
Advanced search for International e-materials
- is similar to Advanced search
- use English as search language
- result sets can very large. Manage them as you do result lists in PCI search.
From International e-materials search you can return to local search clicking on the cottage icon or JYKDOK logo.